Customer Service - to contact us please click here
- Sizing & Fitting
- Shipping & Delivery
- Privacy & Security
- Returns & Replacements
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Viewing Orders
- Updating Account Information
- Faults and Repairs
- Sizing & Fitting
- For American Width fittings of A to B it is unlikely we have any shoes or boots that will suit. Most of our shoes and boots are UK widths E, EX, and F with some wider. These correspond to D to EEE in American widths.
The reason we have not put widths against shoes is that the width fitting of any one manufacturer is not a scientific measurement. All our traditional shoes are made on numbered "lasts". Some lasts are known to fit wider than others even though the official width fitting is the same. The inconsistency can be so great as to sometimes render widths almost meaningless - in our experience it is better just used for guidance. We far prefer to open a dialogue with you and for you to describe your shoe buying experiences, the peculiarities of your feet, to tell us what you like or dislike, and what you've had problems or successes with before. We can then make an informed judgement on whether we think a particular item will fit.
Remember we have been fitting tens of thousands of people over decades - so we do have some experience in this! We know which of our shoes are made on similar lasts - so once you are happy with one pair we can fit you with confidence with many others.
If you have any doubts about fitting please contact us giving as much information as you can. Please order your normal UK size. Again, because our shoes are made on lasts the sizing is very accurate however some lasts are more suitable than others for feet with specific sizes and shapes. If you are in any doubt please call us and we will be happy to advise.
- Shipping & Delivery
- We use couriers that require a signature. If you need a parcel left unsigned the risk passes to you and we can instruct this to be done. We would prefer always to deliver to your office or a place of work where there will always be someone to sign for it first time. If you are out you will be 'carded'. The depot may be some distance away. You can normally collect, re-arrange the delivery or re-arrange it to a different address in the same postcode area for free, or ask them to leave it in a hidden place - again in doing so the risk passes to you.
- Most items are shipped within 4 days unless they are bespoke items or we have to get the stock sent from one of our locations. Please always allow up to 28 days for delivery. We will contact you if there is a delivery issue. Please remember all slippers usually take 8 weeks to make!
- Privacy & Security
- Data protection and Privacy. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service. We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent. We will not pass your e-mail address to other trusted traders unless you agree. The type of information we will collect about you includes: your name addressphone number email address credit/debit card details (within the PCI DSS compliance mandate) shoe size Other information we may require to help fulfill your order. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and UK law. If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should email us, call us or write to us.
EU Cookie Law requires us to obtain your consent to setting a cookie in your browser. We set cookies to give you the best experience on our site and to get statistics on browsing behaviour.
- Returns & Replacements
We pride ourselves on the quality of our shoes and accessories and insist that our staff inspect each pair of shoes carefully before packaging and dispatch. But if for any reason you are not happy with the product, please accept our sincere apologies and send it back with a note and we will either send you a replacement product or refund your money - whichever you prefer. Please refer to procedure below.
Exchanges - If you need to exchange something please call our returns dept. for a returns label and instructions. 01764 784 684Returns Policy We will always refund or exchange the shoes if they are returned in resellable/perfect condition within 14 days of receiving them. We will not, as a rule, refund the postage back to us unless we have made a mistake or you are exchanging and it has been agreed with us. Note, if a customer refuses to accept delivery of goods we will only refund once we have received the returned goods and the refund will be net of any charges incurred by us in recovering them.
Before you return an item - Have you tried it on! If the heel slips, give the shoe a bend, once worn in, the shoe will develop a natural curve. New shoes are rigid and tend to pull at the heel. You should be able to slip a small finger down the back of the heel. Please ensure you try your new shoes on carpet as we cannot accept back soiled, scuffed or worn shoes or worn soles.
How to return your shoes Contact us in writing within 14 days of receipt. Additionally, you may also contact us by phone, fax or email and tell us your intention to return. We may provide you with a postage paid label. The goods must be returned, with the original despatch note or a copy or a returns form. Please use the original or similar protective packaging.The goods must be in the same immaculate condition as they were received in - we cannot accept scuffed/worn-in/damaged goods. (We thus suggest you remain on carpet while trying shoes on). We will exchange the goods as requested, or should you wish to cancel your order, we will give you a full refund within 30 days of your cancellation. You have to pay the cost of returning the goods - we recommend a registered/traceable and insured postage as we cannot be responsible for lost packages. In the case of exchanges (e.g. for size changes) please note that although we ask you to bear the cost of postage back to us we will pay for the postage of the replacement shoes to back to you. In this way we are, in effect sharing the cost of postage with you for any of your exchanges. Please note that in the unlikely event of the goods actually being faulty or we have incorrectly fulfilled your order, we shall of course pay for postage by sending you a prepaid label. Please ask us for one. Return Address - Please label parcel as below
Shipton & Heneage Ltd, 49 Burrell Street, Crieff, PH7 4DGRefunds - Once we have received your package and checked the goods we will normally process these items within 10 working days but please allow up to 30 days for processing.
- How to Order - Buying your shoes and shoe care accessories from Shipton & Heneage couldn't be easier. Ordering our the web site uses advanced SSL technology and is secure. Alternatively, you may post your order, telephone or fax it through - which ever is easiest for you. For payment you can use: Visa Master, Master Card, Amex debit cards or paypal.
Delivery Timescales - We normally send shoes within 1-10 working days - 90% are despatched within 1-4 working days except for bespoke items. But Please allow 28 days. If it takes longer, we will contact you with a revised delivery estimate to let you cancel or change your order without charge, if you wish. Slippers - There is a much longer lead time for slippers than shoes. Depending on the complexity of the work required this can range from 6-10 weeks, as they are all hand built to order.
Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- We use secure payment systems. Prices may change from time to time. Promotions are time restricted and may alter the prices of products, and usually exclude all other promotions. Please read the conditions.
- We would encourage you to register with our site. You can see past orders, current orders and also leave reviews of products bought. Registered customers will also receive occasional offers.
Updating Account Information
- You can update your information both billing and delivery addresses, change email addresses etc if you have a registered account.